Manifestations of increased anxiety and a sense of fear greatly spoil the life of a person. Imagine how much easier and more pleasant it would be to live if anxiety did not visit us from time to time, because it provokes such bad thoughts! It takes a lot of opportunities, makes "get into a corner and do nothing."
How to get rid of anxiety and fear? That's what I want to talk about in my next article.
Is fear and anxiety the same thing?
In the literature, we constantly meet both of these two concepts in sharing. But from the point of view of the science of psychology, there is a certain line between them, so it would be not entirely correct to identify fear with increased anxiety. For example, an alarm exists as a kind of warning signal indicating that danger is approaching.
From the standpoint of physiology, anxiety acts as a reactive state for the represented or actually existing threat, but with a non-objective, fuzzy and fuzzy character. At the same time, fear absolutely always has a connection with specifics - what happened or with some object.
If you want to better understand the meaning of what is happening, just imagine the following situation for yourself: you are walking around the city, and suddenly, out of the corner, an angry dog attacks you. Of course, the first thing you get scared. This will be a vivid example of the manifestation of fear.
But in the case when you are walking down the street, mentally imagining that they will suddenly attack you, fear your thoughts, and not the real situation - this will be a manifestation of heightened anxiety.
It can manifest itself, and as a light emotion, and as the most real panic attack. Why anxiety? In fact, there are a lot of reasons for this: these are personal characteristics of a person, and features of upbringing, and heredity, and chronic pathologies, phobias, and so on.
Causes of anxiety: where do legs grow from?
Anxiety and fear, how to get rid? To get an answer to the question posed, it will be necessary to first establish the most significant reasons for its occurrence.
The most important condition of the problem is the following: excitement is a consequence of internal conflict, which increases, apart from the age category of the individual.
This happens under the influence of the main reasons:
- feelings of insecurity about something or someone;
- as a consequence of the psychological shock;
- as a conditioned reflex reaction to a stimulus;
- due to improper upbringing, when the child survived a difficult childhood: excessive demands were made of him, the parents were too emotional, all the time they compared their child with other children (then the excitement becomes chronic);
- due to lack of physical activity and unbalanced nutrition;
- when a person finds himself in a new, unexplored environment that creates an image of danger;
- because of their own life experience, leading to the occurrence of discomfort;
- due to personality traits - for example, asthenics are naturally more prone to pessimism, which means that anxiety for them is a normal life situation;
- due to somatic diseases that provoke endocrine disruptions, hormonal imbalances in girls, a strong decrease in blood sugar, dependence on alcohol, and other reasons.
Tips to get rid of anxiety and fear
As mentioned earlier, to begin to solve a problem, first of all, it is important to establish its root causes. It is also important to sensibly assess the degree of your condition - whether you can do without outside help or it is better to make an appointment with a psychotherapist.
Psychologists come to the conclusion that self-elimination of increased anxiety will not work in the following cases:
- with strong panic attacks;
- besides excessive anxiety, psychosomatic illness occurs;
- a person has not just a feeling of fear, but a strong phobia.
If you recognize yourself by the description above - the most correct decision for you will be a record to a specialist. The doctor will initially assess the general condition to rule out the physiological causes of anxiety.
In other cases, help can bring a number of recommendations:
- You need to realize that increased anxiety is your personality trait. Remember that everything with which we begin to fight - only increases in scale. Therefore, it is much more expedient to simply allow yourself to be afraid and wary. Then the problem will start to fade.
- Surely evaluate every reason for fear and anxiety. Conduct a thorough analysis of any situation that provoked negative experiences. Thereby you will “demonstrate” to your psyche that there is no real threat. It is useful to remember your past experience, to convince yourself that if then nothing bad happened, then there is no reason to worry now.
- Understand that you cannot control absolutely everything. It is not given to any person in the world to take under his complete authority everything that concerns himself and his close circle. Alas, but it is so time to frankly admit this fact. Your possibilities are enormous, but you are not able to influence absolutely everything. Then why waste your nerve cells on an empty hassle?
- Learn the art of relaxation. A person with increased anxiety, must necessarily learn to relax. Find your effective methods to help relieve stress: a hot bubble bath, an interesting book, meditative practice and others. Do them every day for at least thirty minutes.
- When you rest - do not think about the problems, the negative. Thereby you will help your body eliminate stress. Over time and with regular practitioners, the brain will begin to get used to calm and relaxation. You will learn how to maintain this state, even when you are no longer on rest, but in the subway or at work.
- Become an optimist. Practice shows that a positive outlook is much more effective than a negative one. And it’s really not very difficult to do this: just put an emphasis on good, and try not to concentrate on the negative.
- Stop watching the news., crime chronicles, talk less with those who like to cry to others for life and exaggerate everything. Fill yourself with positive information - read good books, watch movies with a happy ending, be more interested in the lives of successful and positive people.
Fear and increased anxiety rob a person of a lot of internal energy, provoke psychosomatic disorders. Therefore, it is clear that it is necessary to eliminate them from your life.
It is also clear that there is no one universal method for eliminating pathological feelings. All people are completely different and what will help one person will be ineffective for another. The main thing is to set a goal and begin to move towards it, even if at first in small steps.
Finally, I want to offer you viewing thematic video: