My daughter's name is Barbara. And, although she is still a little girl, I try to study the life of her holy heavenly patroness as much as possible, in order to tell the baby about him soon. The icon of St. Barbara is already hanging above her daughter’s bed, and I often pray in front of her, showing the little girl an example. I pray in a motherly way - about the health of the family, happiness in the family, I ask for protection from all evil ... And I note with joy that my humble prayers are heard!
When they pray to Barbara the Great Martyr
- Great Martyr protects against accidental misfortune. Most often, it is addressed to people engaged in hazardous production (say, working in factories), or those whose activities involve risk (pilots, military, electricians, surgeons — the latter, of course, do not risk themselves). worse).
- Also people who are preparing to face death are praying to it (soldiers, seriously ill). It is believed that the saint helps not to die without repentance. But even if such a death happened, Barbara would be taken care of by the soul of the deceased. The saint received such power, because before the martyr's death, she prayed to the Lord that He would not reject believers who die far from the temple and the holy fathers.
- Also holy pray for health. In addition to the health of the body, it helps to heal and soul, banishing sadness, apathy, depression. Especially strong such help is felt in the church, where the relics of the saint are kept (most of them are kept in Kiev, but there are many other churches all over the world, where there are miraculous crayfish with pieces of the relics of Barbara of Iliopol).
- Women ask for love, marriage, children.
- Finally, the great martyr can protect a person from a lightning strike, and the fields from bad weather.
Who considers saint to be her patroness?
First of all - women. They appeal to the saint with requests for marriage, pregnancy, quick and painless delivery, and children's health. In addition, Barbara can help save the marriage, reconcile the quarreled spouses.
During her lifetime, Barbara loved needlework and never sat idle. Therefore, it is considered their patron artisans.
And since it protects from sudden death without repentance, travelers, sailors and soldiers, miners and miners pray to it. Also, at one time the merchants considered the saint to be their patroness (the profession of these people was not much different from the pirate one in terms of danger), but at the moment it remained only on the pages of history textbooks.
Texts of the strongest prayers
The most important is the prayer "From sudden and violent death":
And the next prayer is considered maiden or feminine. She is read, asking Barbara to send a quick marriage and quiet female happiness:
Well, these words will suit the mother, father, grandmother, grandfather and other adults who ask the heavenly patroness for the health of the child.
How to pray?
- It is necessary to retire, so that the homework does not distract. Prayer is a very personal “rite”.
- Prayer start with the flag of the cross.
- Read the words slowly, comprehending every word. It will be better if you learn the prayer and begin to read it from memory.
- It is desirable that the house was a holy icon. During prayer, light a candle brought from the church in front of it (you can take the thinnest, cheapest - not the price of the candle is important here, but that it should be consecrated).
When asking Varvara about protection, you shouldn’t imagine different horrors about your work in your head - better think that you calmly finish the shift and return home to your wife / husband. But asking for a wedding, imagine in a more detailed way a meeting with your betrothed, not being afraid of thoughts about future happiness.
And of course, we must sincerely believe that the saint will not only listen, but also help. Then the prayer will surely work.
Brief biography (life) of a saint
Barbara was born to a wealthy family from the city of Iliopol. She was brought up without a mother. The father, trying to protect the girl from all evil (as he understood it), constantly kept her locked up. Watching the beauty of our world, she began to think: did these fatherly wooden idols create the sky, the earth, the trees, the rivers? It is unlikely that they are so powerful. Probably, there is someone stronger, that’s what you need to thank for life and for our world ...
One day my father realized that in prison his daughter would not find a bridegroom, and began to release her into the city. There she met with Christians and with all her soul first received their teachings, and then holy baptism.
Unfortunately, the girl's father did not want to come to terms with the fact that Barbara does not want to tie the knot. He liked even less the new faith of his daughter. He was so angry that the girl had to hide in the mountains.
But she didn’t hide there for long: the father soon overtook the girl. At first he took her to the governor, hoping that those in power of their husbands would succeed in convincing his rebellious daughter. But she did not shake even under torture. Furious, Barbara's father himself executed her, stripping her head.
Christian friends buried the girl in secret, but her burial place was not forgotten. After 300 years, her relics were transported to Constantinople, and in the 12th century - to Kiev, where they are kept even today (namely, in the cathedral of Prince Vladimir).
This documentary film will tell about the miracles created by Barbara much later after her death (even today):
Church date of veneration of the Great Martyr Barbara
This is December 17th.
On this day, the secular people of Russia celebrate the Day of the Rocket Forces, Belarus - the Day of the Belarusian Cinema, and Ukraine - the holiday of the Public Service employee. But these holidays concern only a narrow circle of people. And the day of St. Barbara is a date that gathers millions of Christians all over the world in temples and in home prayer.
Moreover, our ancestors considered this holiday, as they say, “the red day of the calendar”: it was impossible to knead, whiten or wash the Barbarians. Only needlework was not forbidden, and even then, before sitting down for embroidery or knitting, the Great Martyr should pray.
On this day, traditionally:
- young girls wondered, say, they brought a cherry sprig from the garden and put it in the house into the water - if it is covered with flowers for Christmas, this year the girl is destined to go under the crown (though the church did not approve of any such magic , even seemingly harmless));
- married women cooked dumplings with cottage cheese and poppy seeds;
- the girls on this day prayed for the bridegroom, and the rest of the people for health.
What prayers did they read? Yes, all the same: "Holy and all glorious" or "Wise and All-Beautiful."
There are folk signs on the Barbarians:
- a lot of clouds - to warming, and clear sky - to frost;
- the smoke from the chimney stretches along the ground - to heat;
- also people have always noticed what the weather will be like at Varvara - it will be the same at Christmas.
And still there is a proverb: Barbara stole a piece of the night and flowed a piece of the day.
The father will tell about the importance of this saint:
- Saint Barbara is a great martyr who took a terrible death for her faith in the 4th century.
- Representatives of dangerous professions (military, seamen, miners) consider their patroness Barbara. In addition, unmarried girls and women often pray to her.
- Barbara pray for health, for peace of mind, for women's happiness (marriage, birth of children). But more often, people turn to her for protection from accidents (in particular, the Great Martyr protects against lightning strikes), as well as sudden death without repentance.
And at the end I propose a short cartoon cartoon, albeit semi-amateur, but created with a soul. He will help explain about the Barbarian children - your son or daughter, grandchildren, nephews or godchildren.